Re: Linux System Engineer (100%) in Zurich

Michael Poole <mdpoole@troilus.org> writes:

> I am rather surprised that the majority reaction to this is so
> different from the majority reaction to a poorly executed satire --
> something which was also claimed to be discriminatory.

Actually, I agree that most of W. Martin Borgert's list of criteria
(“race, ethnic origin, disability, age, gender, sexual orientation or
religion”) are objectionable for job offers using Debian's resources.

I do not, though, think that expecting the word “discrimination” to
be understood as covering those criteria, and no others, is sensible
or rational, nor does it promote understanding of the issue. If we
want specific criteria to be not permitted, let's discriminate which
criteria we mean, and stop trying to discriminate against the act of
discrimination.

--
 \       “Whenever you read a good book, it's like the author is right |
  `\   there, in the room talking to you, which is why I don't like to |