Re: Linux System Engineer (100%) in Zurich

On Wed, November 26, 2008 11:12, martin f krafft wrote:
> You may be 70 and capable to do a job which required me to invest 2 years
> into you,

I'd be with you if the ad required a maximum age that was actually
somewhere close to the pension age. Your example does not compare with the
arbitrary age limit of 35 years that was mentioned. I know a few Linux
System Engineers of above 35 years old, and they would all function fine
for the many decades until they reach EOL.

> but the chance of you waking up dead is far higher than of a 30-year-old.

The chance of getting pregnant is remarkably higher for women than for
men, and the associated leave is often costly for an employer. Do you
think it's fair to preclude females in an ad?

Thijs