Re: About the use of epicene "they" in technical documents.

On Fri, 15 Aug 2008, Adeodato Simó wrote:

Whoa, is that a feeling or an accusation?

I see "feeling" clearly there on the second line.  Why suggest Andreas
Tille is dishonest like that?

Slapping prefixes around does not magically exempt you from taking
responsibility for your words (and with this I don't mean Andreas wanted
to do that, I'm merely replying to your comment).

Just to make one thing clear: It was no accusation against people who
I know to be honest.  I'll not spend my time in the topic any more.
Tried that in my mother language more than 10 years ago and found out
that it was actually a waste of time.  Do not want to repeat this in
a language I might tip on other people toes.  (I rather use the time
I saved here to help my wife doing some housework.)

Kind regards

        Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de