Re: About the use of epicene "they" in technical documents.

On Thu, 14 Aug 2008, Michael Banck wrote:

On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 08:35:56AM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
But again, most persons in these environments are non-native speakers???

Mabye most persons in these environments are male.

Yes, and the funny thing about this is that I've always seen men very engaged
in this kind of discussion and I have the boring feeling that they are using
this as kind of excuse for not doing something else to make sitation of genders
equal.  So I'm not willing to play stupid tricks on the language until I see
any evidence that the situation of woman became better because of doing this.

So this is a vote for keeping the neutral 3rd person singular.

Probably this discussion should be moved to Debian-curiosa ...

Kind regards

        Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de