Re: Happy with Debian

On Sat, 2008-06-14 at 12:02 -0700, Joshua Kubli wrote:
> I am mostly a Linux noob. I work in IT, but my main Linux exposure has
> been taking a 1-term college class on Red Hat 9, and another on
> Solaris.

AFAICT, Solaris doesn't currently nor has previously used the Linux
kernel:  Solaris is not Linux.

> After torrenting the 4 DVDs, the installation procedure was simple and
> straightforward, the package selection truly amazing (even if it is 4
> DVDs :) ).

If you used 4 DVDs and you have a high speed internet connection, you
clearly failed to follow the directions that would have pointed you to a
~30 MB CD image that would have accomplished the same thing.  :o)

> If I can get NDiswrapper to work with my laptop's onboard or USB
> wireless cards, then it will most likely be goodbye to Windows
> forever.

Why not buy/trade adapters that work with the software you use, rather
than the other way around?

--
Paul Johnson
baloo@ursine.ca