Re: DEP1: Clarifying policies and workflows for Non Maintainer Uploads (NMUs)

pe, 2008-05-30 kello 22:01 +0900, Charles Plessy kirjoitti:
> Le Fri, May 30, 2008 at 02:50:28PM +0200, Raphael Hertzog a écrit :
> >
> > Please come back in 2008! ;-)
> > You speak as an "elder" that doesn't want to move forward
> > But no, you prefer to not explain your problem...
> > Please stop this pissing contest...
>
> I have read better emails from you, Raphaël.
>
> The difference between "using the BTS" and "asking the maintainer" is
> that dropping a patch in the BTS is not asking the maintainer if the NMU
> is welcome.

Patch to the BTS plus a DELAYED/n upload (with a sufficiently large n)
is, to me, a way of asking the maintainer. It is, perhaps, less smoothly
diplomatic than e-mailing privately, but I don't really see that it is
rude. One e-mail response from the maintainer should be enough for the
DELAYED upload to be deleted (by the would-be NMUer, of course).