Re: DEP1: Clarifying policies and workflows for Non Maintainer Uploads (NMUs)

pe, 2008-05-30 kello 04:34 -0700, Richard Hecker kirjoitti:
> I just do not see the value when some
> Johnny-come-lately decides that all the decisions need to
> be reworked.

I'd like to add my voice to the choir of people who think the length of
participation in Debian development should not matter. I find that Lucas
has given good justifications to support his view. The fact that he's
only been around Debian for several years now does not mean that his
point of view can be dismissed by someone just because they've been
around a few years more.

Seniority is not irrelevant, but it has no power against valid
arguments.

Complete agreement by everyone is not necessary for consensus. As far as
I can see, there have been few people talking against the changes DEP1
proposes. While the process is still going on, and there's certainly
still plenty of opportunity to come up with reasons why DEP1 should not
go forward, for now it seems there is a rough consensus that it should.