Re: Debian Logo Use
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 10:06:45PM +0200, Andreas Schuldei wrote:
>* Gunnar Wolf (firstname.lastname@example.org) [080415 19:45]:
>> Umh... I know this will sound quite boring to you - But I (and I
>> guess, many of the Debian people) do not like the idea of presenting
>> testing/unstable snapshots as something ready for the end-user to
>> install. Hey, if they want unstable software, why not try
>i dont think that is a reasonable approach. if "testing" quality
>is good enough and useful to people why would you hide away that
>it is debian under the hood by rebranding it? Why deny debian a
>good marketing opportunity where "debian" or "debi" can be found
>in other places then the debian/control file?
I believe that you won't upset or confuse anyone if you...
- Call it "Debian" only if it is indeed (some subset of) Debian.
- Call it "based on Debian" if some but not all is Debian.
- Call it "stable" only if all is from the current stable release.
See also the recent thread at debian-custom...
* Jonas Smedegaard - idealist og Internet-arkitekt
* Tlf.: +45 40843136 Website: http://dr.jones.dk/
- Enden er nær: http://www.shibumi.org/eoti.htm
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----