Re: RFC: Introducing Debian Enhancement Proposals (DEPs)

On Wed, Jan 16, 2008 at 01:31:43PM +0100, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> > Suggested document contents:
> * An history of changes made to the DEP, with their rationale, or links
>   to emails explaining giving it.
> ... which you did:

Yes, but is it really needed? I mean, a DEP should contain the status
quo so that people looking at it "from scratch" can get a grasp of what
does it imply. To this kind of target the history of changes is useless,
isn't it?

On the contrary, the history is useful for who is driving (or following
closely) the DEP, but given that we expect that in the vast majority of
cases a wiki or a change tracking system will be used for that you will
have that for free.

Anyhow if people fill like this is something good to have in the
document ... why not, we can add the suggestion.

> > Changes
> > -------

In fact, we used that for internal management, we could have removed it
before submitting without any harm done.

Cheers.

zack@{upsilon.cc,cs.unibo.it,debian.org}  -<%>-  http://upsilon.cc/zack/