Re: Planet policy?

On Mon, Aug 06, 2007 at 09:20:55PM -0500, John Goerzen wrote:
> On Monday 06 August 2007 1:28:20 pm Otavio Salvador wrote:

> > But yes, I do think that we should at least try to keep planet without
> > much noise otherwise it'll get boring to read and lose its meaning.

> Actually, I don't read Planet Debian for the Debian posts.  I find it
> exceptionally difficult to try to follow a discussion there, and besides,
> that's what we have debian-{devel,user,project,vote,devel-announce,*} for.

I strongly second this.

> It's good to get to know our fellow developers as whole people, where Debian
> is part -- but not all -- of their lives.

Given some of the comments that have been made in the past about Ian's
posts it feels to me that a lot of what people are objecting to is that
his posts can at times seem impersonal which isn't really the "house
style" for Planet Debian.  That's something that I don't feel can be
covered by a viable policy.