Re: Debian 4.0 finally arrives... does anyone care?

On Wed, Apr 11, 2007 at 09:13:39PM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Apr 2007, Steve Langasek wrote:
>
> >If you find some facts in there,
>
> Well, it was just mentioned that others turned the facts into
> bug reports and I do not really want to reply to double rhetorics.
>
> >feel free to summarize them for the benefit
> >of the list so that we don't have to wade through more of that troll's
> >screed.
>
> I just wanted to mention that even trolls might have a point and
> that ignoring valid points because they are brought up by trolls
> is the wrong way to go.

He spends half his article talking about my slashdot comment[0] where I lay
out the XSF accomplishments for etch and hint at my plans for lenny. Then
he acts pissed off that I haven't fixed what is a *major* problem for
*every* linux distribution out there[1] in the etch timeframe.

Vaughan-Nichols is a troll, pure and simple, and we have vastly more
positive things to do for ourselves, for our users, and for the community
at large than listen to his puffed up sense of entitlement.

 - David Nusinow

[0] An unattributed comment by the way. I'm a little unnerved that he
    figured out it was me. Given that his site is part of eweek, which
    also publishes the linux slander articles by Maureen O'Gara and
    friends, it reeks a little bit of the journalistic slime that's
    attacking PJ at groklaw.
[1] This work, currently focused on randr 1.2, is taking a ton of effort at
    X.org to get working correctly right now, because Xorg
    autoconfiguration simply doesn't work right, no matter how each distro
    decides to smooth it over