Re: notable Debian contributions in 2006

Martin Zobel-Helas <zobel@ftbfs.de> wrote:

> > Read the Debian mailing list archives and you will find some of the related
> > personal atacks.
>
> I asked for references, but you seem not to be able to give me ANY of
> them, just telling me "look in the archive". So you seem not to be able
> to give me any concrete pointer.
>
> So whom should i trust now? You? Mr. Bloch?
>
> There was a reason why i asked for concrete pointers.

There is a reason why I do not waste my time with people on a Debian list....

In January 2006, some people from Debian started with a calumniation campaign
against me and my projects. They amongst others published unproven claims
on the license ofthe original software and Mr. Bloch was one of their leaders.

I asked Mr. Bloch to either prove his claims or to admit that the claims are
wrong. Nothing happens except that Mr. Bloch did send personal offenses, some
in the public and a lot in private mail. Npthing useful happened and at some
time, there was no hope for a move.

About two months later, Don Armstrong started a new discussion that looked as if
there was a potential for a useful move. The whole discussion started again and
although the agression and wrong claims have been started by Debian, I explained
why the claims from Debian are void. I asked Don Armstrong to prove the claims
or to admit that they are wrong. Don Armstrong did send a lot of
speudo-arguments but did not send any correct quote from GPL, CDDL and the
FROSS rules from Bruce Perence that could prove the claims. What he send
(claiming to quote) was a funny creation of new sentences made from random
words of the GPL....

In the beginning, it looked as if this was not made by intention and I again
explained why the claims made by Debian people around Mr. Bloch are wrong.
I asked Don Armstrong again to either prove the claims by correct quotes
or to admit that the claims are wrong. after a long discussion we reached the
time where Don Armstrong did not find an excuse any more. At this point, he
told me that does not have the time to continue this "discussion". Note that
Don Armstrong started the discussion....

Now, nearly one year later, I am still waiting for a proof of the claims or
someone who admits that Mr. Bloch is using wrong claims. I will not make the
mistake again to waste time with finding pointers that prove my statements
as long as it is obvious that the arguments from Mr. Bloch and his "friends"
are wrong.

Jörg

       js@cs.tu-berlin.de                (uni)