Re: notable Debian contributions in 2006

Martin Zobel-Helas <zobel@ftbfs.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Sat Mar 24, 2007 at 16:40:34 +0100, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> > Also note that I am not attacking people but only trying to inform about the
> > truth while Mr. Bloch is constantly publishing personal attacks.
>
> Please point us to those. I couldn't find those, only technical base
> stuff with well knowledge from Eduard. I want to read both sides, as i
> am sick of the bitching of cdrecord coming up once and a while on
> several Debian lists, as well as in German newspaper magazines.

Well, the _missing_ technical knowledge (*) from Mr. Bloch is the real cause
for the problems - not a license problem.....

Unfortunately, most of his personal attacks are done inside private mail, so it
is hard to "prove" their existence. Some of them however have been made in
public mail, so please read the public mail archives.

*) The problems with him did start about 3-4 years ago, after he asked me to
include some libiconv patches from Debian in the official mkisofs release.
After I did have a look at them, it turned out that these patches were expected
to cause core dumps because of massive bugs. After I explained him what's wrong
and asked him to first fix the problems, he started with his personal attacks
but never send a fix for the technical problems.

During the past few months, Mr. Bloch did learn some lessons while being forced
to deal with the old cdrtools sources. He did change his mind with many topics
where he did refuse to accept my statements but he still needs to learn a lot
of other things.

Jörg

       js@cs.tu-berlin.de                (uni)