Re: notable Debian contributions in 2006

Hi,

On Sat Mar 24, 2007 at 17:28:36 +0100, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> Martin Zobel-Helas <zobel@ftbfs.de> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Sat Mar 24, 2007 at 16:40:34 +0100, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> > > Also note that I am not attacking people but only trying to inform about the
> > > truth while Mr. Bloch is constantly publishing personal attacks.
                                          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> > Please point us to those. I couldn't find those, only technical base
> > stuff with well knowledge from Eduard. I want to read both sides, as i
> > am sick of the bitching of cdrecord coming up once and a while on
> > several Debian lists, as well as in German newspaper magazines.
>
> Well, the _missing_ technical knowledge (*) from Mr. Bloch is the real cause
> for the problems - not a license problem.....
>
> Unfortunately, most of his personal attacks are done inside private mail, so it
> is hard to "prove" their existence. Some of them however have been made in
> public mail, so please read the public mail archives.
>

> *) The problems with him did start about 3-4 years ago, after he asked me to
> include some libiconv patches from Debian in the official mkisofs release.
> After I did have a look at them, it turned out that these patches were expected
> to cause core dumps because of massive bugs. After I explained him what's wrong
> and asked him to first fix the problems, he started with his personal attacks
> but never send a fix for the technical problems.
>
> During the past few months, Mr. Bloch did learn some lessons while being forced
> to deal with the old cdrtools sources. He did change his mind with many topics
> where he did refuse to accept my statements but he still needs to learn a lot
> of other things.

I asked you to point me to those "published personal attacks" and i did
not ask you about your personal opinion about Mr. Bloch.

Read what i wrote you, and then speak again!

Greetings
Martin
--
[root@debian /root]# man real-life