Re: Debian e-mail and UUCP

Hi,

On Fri, Dec 14, 2007 at 02:16:14PM +0100, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> On 11232 March 1977, Nicolas Boullis wrote:
>
> > I have done a private UUCP installation on master, and am using UUCP to
>
> Erm. I hope you asked the admins to install the neccessary software,
> instead of going and copying some binaries from somewhere over there?

I did recompile uucp myself to change the location of the spool (to my
home directory). I did not ask the DSA because I thought they would not
agree to add my dedicated pubkey to uucp's authorized keys or create a
configuration for me (in /etc/uucp/{sys,passwd} at least).

> Other than that, uucp can be a way to do such things, even if *I* think,
> uucp is ugly...

I'm neither a UUCP expert not a UUCP fan. I first played with UUCP a few
weeks ago, but it looked rike the right tool to me.

Just curious, what do you dislike in UUCP?

Cheers,

Nicolas