Re: Updated Debian Maintainers Keyring

Le Sat, Nov 24, 2007 at 10:50:37AM +0100, Josip Rodin a écrit :

> When someone tells you "Debian policy sucks, my hack rules", the answer
> "Don't upload to Debian, then" is perfectly legitimate.

It is exactly because neither in the bug report nor on this mailing list
I have read the DM and his sponsor writing "Debian policy sucks, my hack
rules" that I stand by what I wrote before. I do not think that writing
"Don't upload to Debian, then" on debian-project is legitimate, because
it is off-topic. If each subscriber starts to write statements about who
he thinks is incompetent, it will be a mess.

There are people in charge to manage privileges of DDs and DMs, and in
my opinion, and some guidelines about how to ask them to remove theses
privileges. At the end of the procedure, there is an answer: punishment,
or rejection of the punishment request. What is the point of writing to
this list "I think that Mr Foo should not upload". Should these posts be
encouraged? Do we want to read more of them? What is the line which will
distinguish sound opinion from calomny?

In the end, what is the punishment? removing the upload rights, or
public bashing? Public bahsing is so easy, because everybody can punish
each other, and do not even need to be right… I think that Debian
desserves better procedures to deal with mistakes.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles