Re: Debian Maintainers

On 11184 March 1977, Joey Hess wrote:

> BTW, I hope that Joerg realises that according to the GR, he's a member
> of the Debian Maintainer Keyring team, and thus just as responsible for
> slavishly following its rules as me and aj, and thus is presumably just
> as responsible if a rule was missed. ;-P (Perhaps his mail is an attempt
> to take that responsability, but that's not the tone I take away from
> his "Please follow your own rules. Thanks.")

Well. Do you want me to remove the 3 people from the keyring? Because
that would be my action then. But thats no action that helps in any way,
thats why Im not doing it.

The only thing I want are three small mails to debian-project, one from
you, two from Anthony, saying "Foo got added to the DM keyring",
possibly *currently* with an additional paragraph "But thats for
beta-testing the infrastructure, please wait before you advocate
others".

> Frankly, this whole concept of a GR laying down a detailed set of rules
> for excactly how something will work and then picking a team out of the
> ether who are then held accountable for implementing something that
> meets the letter of those rules seems weird and !Debian to me, and I'd
> just as soon not be a listed member of such a team in any future GR.

IMO the whole GR is just wrong, but that doesnt mean we should ignore
whats written in it.

--
bye Joerg
Some NM: