Re: Debian Maintainers

On Fri, 2007-10-26 at 11:49 +0200, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> On 11184 March 1977, Joey Hess wrote:
>
> > BTW, I hope that Joerg realises that according to the GR, he's a member
> > of the Debian Maintainer Keyring team, and thus just as responsible for
> > slavishly following its rules as me and aj, and thus is presumably just
> > as responsible if a rule was missed. ;-P (Perhaps his mail is an attempt
> > to take that responsability, but that's not the tone I take away from
> > his "Please follow your own rules. Thanks.")
>
> Well. Do you want me to remove the 3 people from the keyring?

I would not object against that, because it is perfectly possible to
install and thorougly test the DM infrastructure in a way that conforms
to the recently voted GR.

> Because
> that would be my action then. But thats no action that helps in any way,
> thats why Im not doing it.

Well, that's why I offered my help to joeyh. :)

> IMO the whole GR is just wrong,

Hmm... let's not go into that. :)

> but that doesnt mean we should ignore
> whats written in it.

Yes, the voted GR must be respected, or we could as well stop voting
GR's.

Regards,

Bart Martens