Re: Expulsion process: Sven Luther - Decision

On Wed, Mar 28, 2007 at 11:45:09AM +0100, MJ Ray wrote:
> Essentially, what I guess I'm suggesting is that the debian project's
> government is malfunctioning.  I know it may be a controversial
> analogy, but if you see DAMs as our disciplinary panel, our judges,
> then we have given them too few options and too little direction.
> Sadly, DAMs have reacted by inventing tools instead of asking the
> voters to give them better powers.  I think the route forward is to GR
> changes to section 8.1, but I'm fairly sure that that will fail if I
> lead it. With any luck, either a DAM or DPL will start the process
> before I do.

The DAMs already have the authority to make any decisions about someone's
status as a Developer.  I don't see any bugs in 8.1 of the constitution;
these are the powers the DAMs *should* have, what needs to be changed?  If
what you want is a different procedure, that doesn't need to be a
constitutional amendment, just propose something and get it accepted by the
DAMs themselves.