Re: Social Committee proposal text (diff)

On Tue, Feb 13, 2007 at 05:17:43PM +0100, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> > Having a record of who voted for whom is a good default. Since we don't
> > have any typical real-world election abuses in Debian (e.g. intimidation
> > or harming of people who voted for someone you don't like), I see no
> > serious negative consequences to publishing the votes.
> "I don't like this person, but I have to work with him in this project,
> so I would like to hide that fact from him/her. I don't want to rank
> him/her above NOTA, but I also don't want to have to explain that"

Okay, that's a good point. I'm not automatically convinced that it's a
seriously negative thing, however. This kind of openness can obviously
cause some friction, but do we have any real evidence that says it's
an insurmountable obstacle?

     2. That which causes joy or happiness.