Re: Social Committee proposal text (diff)

Wouter Verhelst <wouter@debian.org> wrote:
> "I don't like this person, but I have to work with him in this project,
> so I would like to hide that fact from him/her. I don't want to rank
> him/her above NOTA, but I also don't want to have to explain that"

So, what can one conclude about debian from the above justification?
Are candidates petty and personal enough to wage vendettas if you
don't vote for them?  Do voters think that enough candidates are that
crass that it would be a problem?  Are voters unwilling to take a full
part in democracy and face being asked to justify their vote?

In short, do debian voters not have the courage to stand up and be
counted?  Actually, I believe some haven't: one who told me in private
mail that they would vote to recall the DPL didn't do so, after it
became obvious it was a public vote.

I think the vote should be public, but there should also be harsh
penalties for anyone acting on those votes outside the election.
If there's no good way to do that, then allow it to be secret, but
that's about the only valid reason to me.

Somerset, England. Work/Laborejo: http://www.ttllp.co.uk/
IRC/Jabber/SIP: on request/peteble.