Re: Plain English Please

On Mon, Feb 12, 2007 at 03:44:34PM +0000, Teresa wrote:
> Hi
> I just took a look at your website and was going to download Debian to
> try it out when I went to the appropriate page I was bombarded with a
> row of meaningless numbers form this address on
> http://ftp.ticklers.org/debian-cd/ you may as well have written it in
> machine code for all the sense it make unless you think that we are all
> geeks then your on a hiding to nothing.
> I'm afraid Bill Gates got nothing to fear.
> Write it out so that non geekys can understand it.
> Glyn Thomas

Did you happen to read this [0]?

'Debian is available for different computer architectures - make sure
you are getting images that match your computer! (Most people will need
images for "i386", i.e. Intel systems.)'

Of course, right below that it says that the latest official release is
3.1 rev4.

Then, of course, these things are all also covered in the FAQs.

[0] http://www.debian.org/CD/

Roberto C. Sanchez