Re: Criteria for a successful DPL board

* Raphael Hertzog (hertzog@debian.org) [070212 11:03]:
> Hello,
>
> I've been talking about having a DPL board and I might want to go further
> and try the principles out by proposing a DPL board in the upcoming
> elections. So I'm explaining here how I expect such a board to work.
> Feel free to comment, ask questions and give suggestions on how to enhance
> it.

Two criteria i find important (especially after last year's
attempt to put together a strong DPL team) is a sense of unity
and awareness for public appearence.

For the record: You, Raphael, failed [1] in my book on both
accounts and I see you unfit for a public position and especially
cooperating with others in a team like a DPL board.

I would ask you on behalf of debian to not run for office for
those reasons.

/andreas

[1] when asked about who you would vote for you stated publicly
that you would not think that I was a good candidate and you
would rather vote for someone else, eventhough you were in my DPL
team. It is perfectly all right to think that I was not the best
candidate. It is also (less so) ok to say that you would vote for
someone else, eventhough you could have avoided to say that
without being dishonest. It is bad and demonstrates a lack of
awareness for public appearence to say that someone you are
supposed to work together with and support was a bad choice to
vote for. Here i assume you were not trying to be malicious but
only ignorant.