Re: Social Committee proposal text (diff)

On Mon, 12 Feb 2007 03:32:52 +0100, Josip Rodin wrote:

> + If there are fewer than S2 candidates
> +  at the end of the nomination period, then the nomination period is
> +  extended for two further weeks, repeatedly if necessary.</li>
[..]
> +  <li>If "None Of The Above" wins the election, or if fewer than S2
> +  candidates win over "None of the Above", the election process is
> +  repeated.</li>
> +
> +  <li>At least one third of all elected candidates should have been
> +  members of the project for at least Y/2 years, where Y is the age
> +  of the Project in years. If fewer than one third of candidates meet
> +  this requirement, the election process is repeated.</li>

How often should the nomination period and the election process be
repeated? I'd suggest to include some maximum otherwise they could go
on ad infinitum.

And count me in to the group of people asking for examples - I'm
following this proposal with interest but still I don't really know
what those social issues are this committee should decide about.

Cheers,
gregor

 : :' :  debian: the universal operating system - http://www.debian.org/
   `-    NP: Simon and Garfunkel