Re: Criteria for a successful DPL board

On Mon, 12 Feb 2007, Michael Meskes wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 12, 2007 at 11:00:36AM +0100, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> > * Around 10 members representing if possible the various tendencies that
> >   exist within Debian.
>
> 10 might be too much IMO.

I don't expect all board members to be interested in all issues. So I
believe we need around that number of people in a board to have always 4-5
active people on a given topic/issue.

> But then I'm unsure what you men with "various tendencies that exist
> within Debian". Could you please explain this?

Despite what can be seen, we don't have that many issues that are causing
disagreement, but here are some where I'd like to have people who
argued in both directions:
- firmware are acceptable / they're not
- trademarks are covered by the DFSG / they're not
- ftpmaster need to be more transparent / they're doing OK
- dunc-tank is bad / dunc-tank is OK

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog