Re: Third call for votes for the debian project leader election 2006

On 3 Apr 2006, Helen Faulkner spake thusly:

> Wouter Verhelst wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>> Put differently, here are a number of questions you should answer
>> for this to have merit:
>> * What should a non-DD contributor be doing before we consider him/her
>> eligible to vote?
>
> Well, presumably something that is equivalent (in effort?  in some
> kind of measurable results?) to the minimal contribution made by
> someone who is a DD.  Which, in some cases, is pretty minimal, as I
> understand it.

        If effort is a metric of ability to affect voting, shouldn't
 people who maintain more packages get more proxies?  Should people
 who do more (like debian-installer, release management, archive
 maintenance, etc) also get more proxy votes?

        Personally, I don't think that voting rights are a reward for
 effort spent, really.

        manoj
--
Most Texans think Hanukkah is some sort of duck call. Richard Lewis