Re: Third call for votes for the debian project leader election 2006

<quote who="Steve Langasek" date="Mon, Apr 03, 2006 at 12:15:15AM -0700">
> Most developers seem to agree that there are bugs in our process for
> integrating new members into the project, but that's not the same as
> saying that non-DDs should be allowed to vote

Clearly not.

> voting rights are one of the few privileges that are reserved only for
> developers, and arguably the most important.

It's argueably the most important right that is reserved for developers
but it does not necessary stand to reason that it should be reserved
only for those who engage in development.

I'd like to see those who have made long-term, sustained, and
significant contributions to Debian enfranchised. That could mean
broadening the category of developer through changes to NM or it could
also mean another enfranchised category of contributor. That's what I
read as the argument at the core of this thread -- but perhaps I was
just projecting.

Regards,
Mako

--