Re: Third call for votes for the debian project leader election 2006

Jorgen Schaefer wrote:
> Helen Faulkner <helen@debian.org> writes:
>
>> It seems to me that we are already in a situation where only the
>> people who are really interested in, or informed about, a
>> particular question are voting on it.
>
> And that's bad because ...?

Oh, I wasn't suggesting it was bad.  I think it's good.  I think we'd see the
same behaviour if non-DD contributors were allowed to vote.  They would vote on
the things they know something about and ignore the things they don't know about.

The overal effect would be to increase the number of informed people voting and
to get the viewpoints of people who are contributing to Debian in non-maintainer
ways, which I think would be entirely positive.

Helen