Re:Position Statement to the Dunc-Tanc "experiment"

Hi guys,

First of all, forgive me for posting here but I don't know where
places to do that since what I have to say got to do with you all working in
Debian.

Ok!Let's not go in flamewars!
My name is Carlos Alberto, I come from Brazil, I'm just a Debian
user, not developer. I had used other linux distributions before until found
Debian. When other distribuition companies begins to
put money in first place, I choosen Debian because its beautiful volunteer
development model. It's seems to me the same it's happening in Debian,or at
least, seeds are launched.

Sorry for those who are being payd, but to me here outside Debian,
I see peaple over there trying to find a way to make money with
Debian; just doing it, nothing more! Debian always had a long release cycle
and this never had being a problem for its community.
What's happing today is completly against ideas lanched by Ian Murdock in
early days of Debian. So, sounds very strange someone to argue start such
project Dunk Tank in favor (supposed) to acelerate release cycle.

The truth is just one! Peaple are trying to make money with Debian!
This not good for the life and survival of Debian project! And none
of Debian Developers have the right to appropriate theyrselves from
production of other persons. This way, me and many other Debian user around
the agree with what Joerg says below.

Debian is more important than individuals interest and money! All you have
to do is a new DPL election and let Debian shine.

Carlos Alberto

Andrew Pollock, don't say so idiot thing.
Marc Haber, there's no need for special privileges in Debian. Nobody
is or does jobs better than others.
Chris Waters, don't say so idiot thing.

Drew Parsons, money doesn't make Microsoft realese sooner and better
software