Re: How could we give away Debian CDs/DVDs for free?

* Jason Spiro <jasonspiro4+news@gmail.com> [061017 17:53]:
> [snip]
> > we usually say: "We require a donation for the DVD" and
> > leave the amount to the person taking the DVD.
> [snip]
> I like that idea. It means that people could give you a larger donation
> if they wanted (e.g. $10 or $100). You could even say "donate $100 or
> more and you'll get a free hardcover book about Debian". :-)
> Do you ever get those kinds of larger donations?

Yes, of course.  It's not unusual (meaning: It happens from time to
time) to get 10 or 20 Euros for a single DVD, and IIRC at least twice we
got even higher amounts (one time 50 and one time 100 I think).

Yours sincerely,