Re: How could we give away Debian CDs/DVDs for free?

On Mon, Oct 16, 2006 at 10:43:42AM +0200, Andreas Barth wrote:
>* Jason Spiro (jasonspiro4+news@gmail.com) [061016 03:15]:
>> What if we found some way to give away Debian CDs/DVDs to whoever wanted
>> them for free through the mail, like Ubuntu does?
>
>I would be happy enough if we could have enough CDs/DVDs to give away at
>booth.

Maybe, maybe not. What I've seen at Linux expos is that people don't
care about free things - a lot of free CDs etc. given away at shows go
straight in the bin. If people have to pay something for them (even
something really cheap), then they're more likely to take an interest.

Google-bait:       http://www.debian.org/CD/free-linux-cd
  Debian does NOT ship free CDs. Please do NOT contact the mailing
  lists asking us to send them to you.