Re: Procedure for expelling developers for violating Social Contract?

On Thu, Aug 03, 2006 at 04:53:16PM -0300, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> On Thu, 03 Aug 2006, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
> > Is there one?  I think there needs to be.
>
> AFAIK, it is the same procedure as the one for expelling for whatever other
> reason.  If you have undeniable proof of a clean-cut SoC violation (hint:
> some of the SoC is highly subjective, and getting an agreement that there
> was indeed a violation of a subjective rule will be difficult), I expect
> that it will be rather easy to get people to agree with you to push the
> expulsion forward.

Hi,
with the events of the last year or so involving krooger, svenl and
others, any expulsion should not start with 'I want to expel this
person'. Instead, this should be the result of a process which seeks to
address the issue in a private way with key persons and then maybe
include more senior figures like the DPL to mediate or to appoint some
neutral party to do this. I have thought of the possible idea of finding
a debian representative who lives in the locality to have a f2f meeting
(or alternatively a phone call) as a way for this party to seek a
neutral person to help to address their concerns and then have that
person issue a report to the DPL.  Because email and other virtual
communication leave room for all kinds of misunderstandings and meeting
in-person with someone impacts the issue more significantly then email
flamming pingpong. If the attempt at mediation are not successfull, then
starting an explusion should be considered. Assuming that these  issue
are not of a strictly technical nature and can not be handled by the
technical committee.
just my 2 yen.
cheers,
Kev