Re: package ownership in Debian

On Sat, Jul 29, 2006 at 07:57:32PM +0200, Julien Danjou wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 29, 2006 at 07:23:09PM +0200, Pierre Habouzit wrote:
> So, that's a clear example where the team maintenance can be as useless
> as letting only one people maintaining a package.

So what?

The apache team may be one example of team not working well, but I'm
pretty sure we can find tens of examples of teams working well.

The real point is whether people moved from individual to collaborative
maintenance found a better working environment and if the resulting
quality of packages has increased or not. For the former aspect a poll
among DDs would be enough to tell, for the latter my feeling and
experiences tell yes, but it's hard to check.

Note that if only the former aspect is true, and if at worst the package
quality did not improve (as in the apache case) it may still be worth
massively moving to collaborative maintenance.

Cheers.