Re: package ownership in Debian

On Sat, Jul 29, 2006 at 07:23:09PM +0200, Pierre Habouzit wrote:
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?src=apache2
>
> speaks for itself. RC bugs, with patches, for more than a year (oh
> yeah).
>
> not to mention that apache2.2 (fixing many problems I'm told) has been
> released in january (so it's not really cutting edge anymore, and I've
> not seen the experimental packages either).

IIRC there was still a problem with webdav or something like that
(I cannot remember what was exactly the problem though).

> apache[12] maintenance in debian is quite a shame in its current state
> IMHO.

And I just wanna add that all people who tried to reach the "apache team"
see their messages to fall in a semi-blackhole (since Adam answered
sometimes).

To my point of view, the Debian apache status is _unknown_ since more
than 6 months. I already asked to help or at least to see a copy of
their work/sources to help, never get an answer.

So, that's a clear example where the team maintenance can be as useless
as letting only one people maintaining a package.

--
Julien Danjou
.''`.  Debian Developer