Re: package ownership in Debian

Le sam 29 juillet 2006 18:13, Gustavo Franco a écrit :
> On 7/29/06, Julien Danjou <acid@debian.org> wrote:
> > On Fri, Jul 28, 2006 at 11:03:47PM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> > >         Why is a 0 day NMU not OK policy  when a team is not
> > >  maintaining a package well?  If there is a bug in the package,
> > > it should be fixed asap, regardless of how many people are
> > > mismaintaining the package.
> >
> > Where apache is a good example.
>
> Do you have a bug number and severity?

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?src=apache2

speaks for itself. RC bugs, with patches, for more than a year (oh
yeah).

not to mention that apache2.2 (fixing many problems I'm told) has been
released in january (so it's not really cutting edge anymore, and I've
not seen the experimental packages either).

apache[12] maintenance in debian is quite a shame in its current state
IMHO.

--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit