Re: package ownership in Debian

Joerg Jaspert <joerg@debian.org> wrote:
> Simply change the NMUs to be always 0-day, for all bugs >=3Dnormal. Which
> means - upload and mail to BTS at the same time.

Would that mean we get BTS+NMU tennis instead of BTS tennis,
where differences of opinion over what is a serious bug result
in 0-day NMUs as well as BTS reopens?

The key trouble is that non-maintainers are often not familiar
with the history of the package and the difficult decisions which
have been taken and some don't bother to follow the references
given in the changelog.  Meanwhile, there's some pressure not
to make the debian dir so verbose it includes transcripts of
key discussions.

I'm not sure what the solution is, but 0-day always seems a big
step backwards for Quality Control.  More co-maints seems a
better idea as a step forwards.

Hope that helps,
--
MJR/slef