Re: "Debian Powered" Logo

On Mon, Jul 03, 2006 at 03:06:26PM +0200, Loïc Minier wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 03, 2006, Pierre HABOUZIT wrote:
> >   debian does not contains non-free software. non-free is not part of
> > debian, it's only supported using the same tools.
>
>  The differences between main, contrib, and non-free are only in the
>  conditions required for the software sources to be therein.  Please
>  don't put Debian on the slippery slope where non-free is "not part of
>  debian", we already repeated our support for non-free in a GR.
>     <http://www.debian.org/vote/2004/vote_002>
>
>  There is no line to draw here, let each Debian user decide what he
>  needs and what he wants.

  well, reread the GR more carefully. It does not says non-free is part
of debian, but: debian will not drop non-free support.

  but non-free is NOT part of the Debian OS. this is what I've learned
when I was in NM, also what is stated in many Fouding Documents. So
basically Debian /OS/ does not contains non-free software at-all. The
Debian /community/ provides some kind of support (BTS, mirrors/archive,
packaging) to some non free softwares which are released at the same
time as the Stable suite of Debian /OS/ but not /in/ Debian OS.

  I think you misread my mail that was only reminding that fact. I don't
want to drop non-free support at all !
--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit