Re: "Debian Powered" Logo

On Fri, Jun 30, 2006 at 10:44:41AM -0700, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> In particular, Ubuntu has received harsh criticism from Debian developers in
> the past for pointing out that they are, in effect, contributors to the
> Ubuntu project.

That's because "contributor" has different connotations to "originator",
and many people did not like the associations between themselves and Ubuntu
that "contributor" conjured up.

Why didn't Ubuntu also make loud noises about how Linus or RMS are
contributors to Ubuntu?  There's a lot more of their work in there than a
lot of Debian developers.  I'm sure RMS would love to be associated with
Ubuntu as a contributor.

- Matt