Re: Minutes of an Ubuntu-Debian discussion that happened at Debconf

On Fri, 30 Jun 2006, Ean Schuessler wrote:
> >This is detailed in https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DCT and
> >https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DCT/Proposal . However, this hasn't been
> >discussed (enough) with others Ubuntu developers, and I won't have time
> >to work on this in the next weeks. So, if somebody wants to take this and
> >move it forward, ping me by mail/IRC.
> >
> One can also make the argument that since Ubuntu paid people to fork
> away from Debian code that they should return the favor and do the brunt
> of the work to reintegrate the useful parts back in.

Note that this DCT is started by Ubuntu volunteers and not Canonical
employees. So this criticism is not really relevant in that case.

I find the idea very good but it's a bit like Utnubu on our side. It's a
great principle but not many people are actively working in that
direction.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog