Re: (Debian's Two Choices) The influx of women and the outflux of men. The end of debian as a distro and it's emergance as a women's rights pulpit.
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, vvucic@EUnet.yu, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: (Debian's Two Choices) The influx of women and the outflux of men. The end of debian as a distro and it's emergance as a women's rights pulpit.
- From: Debian women terminate <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 08:09:11 -0700 (PDT)
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
MJ Ray: Just because a man disagrees with your
feminist women revering world view does not mean he is
raising his objection just to blindly anger people.
Debian has two choices: continue promoting feminism
and women's rights, chastising men who do not believe
in these things, and all around make debian a
welcoming place for (feminist minded) women and an
unwelcoming place for men (men who have build all
linux distributions mostly out of their own free time
(as)), and continue to turn from the best linux
distibution who had at it's center free software into
yet another political party which wholly supports
women's rights and spurns men's rights (the two are
mutually exclusive if men and women are to get
married) OR cut Debian women loose, welcome the men it
has spurned back into the fold, and focus on free
software rather then being a "progressive humanist
bully pulpit" supporting women's rights and spouting
Those are the choices, you cannot drive men away and
expect to survive as a distro. You CAN drive men away
if you wish to become a feminist political party.
MJ Ray Wrote:
Do you think it's fine to ignore good advice on
disruptive behaviour just because the target is
Must you sink to the level of the attacker?
I think it's better to show him how little support his
even among opponents of the current debian-women
effort. When he
tries to mislead or starts flaming, slap him back.
we're three mails in and that From-line is still not
being invalid and a flame source.
Laux nur mia opinio: vidu
Bv sekvu http://www.uk.debian.org/MailingLists/#codeofconduct
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around