Re: Donations

On Sun, Jun 11, 2006 at 12:40:39PM +0100, Floris Bruynooghe wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 11, 2006 at 10:31:28AM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> [...]
> > After all, you don't need such an organization in _every_
> > country; there are a number of countries that have treaties which make
> > monetary transactions between them cheap (e.g., the EU).
>
> s/EU/countries using the euro/  but I guess that's just a detail at
> this stage.

There was also talk of an EU regulation, which said that if an association had
tax-exemption in one of the EU countries, then this tax exemption would be
valid in other countries of the EU too. If this is verified, it would
naturally make more sense for european folk to donate to european non-profit
tax-exempted associations.

Friendly,

Sven Luther