Re: Shouldn't we have more ftp masters ?

On Wed, May 31, 2006 at 07:50:23AM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> Anthony, ...
> I would like to hear your comment on the possibility to override the need for
> NEW for the creation of some new binary package [...]

Sven, you bring this up every chance you get, please stop it. You're not
interested in comments, you're just hoping that you'll get a different
answer to the last dozen times you've brought it up.

For those playing along at home, routing around NEW processing isn't going
to happen; if you're introducing new packages regularly enough that NEW
processing delays are a concern for you, you should reconsider whether
whether different package names for different versions of your software
are actually a good idea, or work with the ftpmaster and release teams
to ensure that your uploads are done in a way which minimises NEW-related
delays -- such as not making RC bug fixes dependent on NEW processing.

Cheers,
aj