Re: Using the Debian open use logo to distinguish DFSG-compatible licenses

On Thu, 2006-05-18 at 12:34 -0400, Evan Prodromou wrote:
> So: if there's a public statement by Debian or
> debian-legal on a license (like http://people.debian.org/~evan/ccsummary
> is now), would it be misleading for an organization to point to that
> statement? Especially if it was clear that the review and approval was
> not an endorsement of the organization or their goals?

My suggestion would be that any organisation wishing so just uses the
facts to describe the DFSG-fitness of their licence. For example: "Over
the past years, Debian has accepted a number of works covered under this
licence into their archive." or similar statements. This requires
nothing to change from the current situation.

Thijs