Re: Issues regarding powerpc and Sven

Wouter Verhelst <wouter@debian.org> writes:

> On Tue, May 16, 2006 at 01:25:40PM +0100, MJ Ray wrote:
>> Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au>
>>
>> > Because we don't want to dishonour your mother, or diminish your loss by
>> > reconciling it with Debian's priorities. You've been dealing with more
>> > than what anyone could reaosonably expect you to recently -- and normal
>> > people would respond to that by just not doing Debian stuff. [...]
>>
>> I think that was a disgraceful insult.  Please retract it.

> Actually, I think the next paragraph (which you happily cut away) made
> pretty clear that Anthony was in awe of the amount of work that Sven was
> still able to produce under these circumstances. Which is quite the
> opposite of an insulte.

Quite.  I saw AJ's words as being complementary, not derogatory.  I
thought AJ's entire mail was impartial, diplomatic, non-inflammatory
and showing the best path to achieve reconciliation and re-establish
trust on both sides.  Exactly what one would expect of a good DPL.

(I was going to mail AJ privately to say that, but there's no harm
saying it here.)

--
Roger Leigh
                Printing on GNU/Linux?  http://gutenprint.sourceforge.net/