Re: Issues regarding powerpc and Sven

MJ Ray writes:

> Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au>
>
> > Because we don't want to dishonour your mother, or diminish your loss by
> > reconciling it with Debian's priorities. You've been dealing with more
> > than what anyone could reaosonably expect you to recently -- and normal
> > people would respond to that by just not doing Debian stuff. [...]
>
> I think that was a disgraceful insult.  Please retract it.
>
> I've seen one suggestion that Sven Luther's handling of his
> personal life events is inappropriate. Now, the DPL suggests
> that Sven Luther is abnormal.

Normality is not necessarily a judgment.  I would say that almost all
DDs are abnormal by virtue of giving so much time as unpaid work where
it would be easy to get paid well for similar work.  This is far from
a judgment that DDs are doing something wrong or a wish that they
would stop -- and given the context ("more than what anyone could
reasonably expect you to"), I find it hard to read the "normal people"
line above as an insult.

Michael Poole