Re: debian and UDEV

On Sat, May 13, 2006 at 08:50:27AM -0700, Jim Bodkikns (Dakotacom) wrote:
>   ALL of the servers chosen to be reinstalled with a debian distro have
> high performance raid controllers and fail installs due to UDEV issues. (I
> hate that redhat handles this - I"m not really a fan of redhat). I have
> been forced to abandon debian distros as a result. I'm not happy about that
> - I prefer debian - but find that it cannot be deployed and I have received
> zero interest from anyone from the hotplug group down to even acknowledge
> that this is a problem in general. So I am going to deploy FC bordeaux
> instead.
>
>   I am only reporting this to let people know that this is an issue, sadly,
> that you might consider addressing. Thanks for a terrific distro otherwise
> though.

I don't see it as a general issue either; if you have problems of this type,
you should report them to the bug tracking system so that they can be fixed.
Debian as an organization can't hope to test all of the hardware available
in the market, so we rely on feedback from folks such as yourself to let us
know when there is a problem.

--
 - mdz