Re: [SUMMARY] About terminology for stable/testing/unstable and related issues

* Adam D. Barratt:

> On Tuesday, May 09, 2006 6:26 AM, Florian Weimer <fw@deneb.enyo.de> wrote:
>
>> * Christian Perrier:
>>
>>> Most concerns have been raised about my proposed use of "branch" for
>>> talking about stable/testing/unstable. "Suite" seems better...suited,
>>> indeed.
>>
>> Suite has already been used informally.  For completeness, you should
>> also mention "section" (main, contrib, non-free)
>
> Those are components in Debian's nomenclature. Sections are the next level
> down.

Policy 2.2 calls them "sections" or "categories" (depending on whether
you go with the headline or the main text).  One place the term
"component" is used is APT, but I don't think this is an authoritative
reference (cf. the use of "distribution").