Re: About terminology for stable/testing/unstable

Le Lun 1 Mai 2006 12:18, Frans Pop a écrit :
> One problem with branches is that you should also have a "trunk"
> (that which you branched away from), or at least a "root".
> Talking about the "stable branch" does not seem quite right to me;
> using "branch" for testing and unstable is quite natural, but then it
> fails as a general term.

well, technically, stable is at some point branched from testing, that
is a cherry-pick of unstable. So this terminology is not that far
fetched either. « The stable branch » of debian is a good name. Though,
I'm not sure it's true for testing and unstable. and is IMHO completely
absurd for experimental.
--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit