Re: About terminology for stable/testing/unstable

On Mon, May 01, 2006 at 12:18:38PM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:
> I wanted to suggest to make more general use of the term suite.
> However, while writing this I (re)discover that there is a difference
> between "suite" and "suit" [1]. Until now I'd linked the term "suite" as
> used in Debian with "suit" as in the four suits in a deck of cards (with
> oldstable, stable, testing and unstable making up the distribution; add
> experimental as the joker).

  Suite \Suite\, n. [F. See {Suit}, n.]
     2. A connected series or succession of objects; a number of
        things used or clessed together; a set; as, a suite of
        rooms; a suite of minerals. See {Suit}, n., 6.

The collection of packages makes up a suite. That's the theory anyway afaik.

Cheers,
aj