Re: Etch Release Tracking in debbugs (Was: Re: Bits (Nybbles?) from the Vancouver release team meeting)

On Wed, Mar 16, 2005 at 03:48:33PM -0800, Don Armstrong wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Mar 2005, David Nusinow wrote:
> > The problem with this is that adding a lot of features to the BTS
> > while it's in use for etch may not be the wisest move. The last
> > thing we need is having our bug system go down because we're hacking
> > on it. I can imagine a parallel BTS which is in development and can
> > be used for this task. As it proves its worth for tracking the
> > release, code can be moved in to mainline.
>
> There's really nothing stoping anyone who wants to work on the BTS (or
> things depending on the BTS) from setting up their own BTS or
> mirroring the BTS while they hack away. I've set up my own[1] to test
> my own patches... it's really not all that difficult to do.

Yeah, I'm going to set my own up tonight and start poking around. If I can
start implementing things on it, I'll just keep doing so. It pains me to give
up rails' niceties, but I'd rather improve the BTS than start from scratch. If
I find that I can't penetrate the code (which I doubt, it looks fine from what
I've seen) then we'll see.

 - David Nusinow